Dinakdakan is originally from the Ilocos Region. It is an appetizer dish that makes use of boiled and grilled pig parts (ears, liver, and face) called Mascara.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Total Time: 1 hour 15 mins
- Yield: 7 1x
- Category: Entree
- Cuisine: Filipino
- 1/2 kilo pig ears, snout, or skin (variety of meats)
- 1/2 kilo pork
- 1 thumb size ginger, chopped finely
- 4 medium size onion, chopped finely
- 3–4 pcs. siling labuyo or siling haba, chopped finely
- 1/4 cup calamansi juice/vinegar
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise / Pig Brain (Utak), boiled and mashed
- 1 tbsp. peppercorn
- 3 pcs. bay leaf
- ground pepper
- Boil the pork cubes in water with salt until tender.
- Remove from water when cooked; set aside.
- Meanwhile, grill the variety meats until tender but not crispy.
- Slice the variety meats into wide size or long size (bite size)
- In a bowl, mix the Pork Cubes and the variety of meats.
- Add the garlic, minced onion, calamansi or lemon juice and mayonnaise (or mashed brain, if you have the dish to be traditional).
- To add spiciness on your Dinakdakan, add more chopped chilis.
- Adjust the ingredients according to taste.
- Mix well.
This video shows another recipe for dinakdakan.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 348
- Sugar: 3 g
- Sodium: 1153 mg
- Fat: 24 g
- Saturated Fat: 6 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 9 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 24 g
- Cholesterol: 466 mg
Keywords: Ilocano delicacy, authentic, exotic food