Banana Lumpia Recipe (Turon)
This Banana Lumpia Recipe (turon) makes use of the finest, sweetest plantain bananas that you can find. A lot of Pinoys add ripe Langka (Jackfruit) to this deep fried goodness.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 45 mins
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 10 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: Filipino
- 4 pcs. ripe Bananas
- ½ Cup Brown Sugar
- Canned Jackfruit (Optional)
- 10 pcs. Lumpia Wrappers
- Oil for Frying
- Prepare the Lumpia Wrappers and Peel them apart.
- If you have Canned Jackfruit, cut them into strips (optional)
- Clean the Banana by cutting the ends, Divide them into 4 by cutting lengthwise
- Prepare the Brown Sugar into a Plate and Roll the Slices of Banana into it.
- Make sure to cover the slices of Banana with a good amount of Sugar.
- Place the Banana covered with Sugar with a piece of cut Jackfruit into a Lumpia Wrapper.
- Fold the Lumpia Wrapper Tight, from Bottom to Top and then fold each side and roll it up.
- Once all the bananas are rolled up, put the remaining amount of sugar into it to make it crunchier.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over low heat and fry for 3-5 minutes or until golden brown.
- Place the cooked Banana Lumpia in a plate with Towel to drain the oil.
- Let Cool and Serve.
This video shows how to cook another variation of Banana Lumpia or Turon.
- Serving Size: 1 Turon
- Calories: 163
- Sugar: 4 g
- Sodium: 53 mg
- Fat: 9.3 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.8 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 7.2 g
- Trans Fat: 1 g
- Carbohydrates: 19.8 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 0.8 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: street food, fried banana rolls, afternoon snack treat, banana spring roll, easy preparation