Bicol Express Recipe
This Recipe is a spicy food made with Pork, chilies, coconut milk, shrimp paste, onion, and garlic.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 50 mins
- Total Time: 1 hour 5 mins
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Entree
- Cuisine: Filipino
- 1/2 lb. pork belly, diced
- 2 cups thin coconut milk
- 1–1/2 to 2 cups fresh alamang (shrimp paste)
- 4 cups chili pepper, seeded and sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium-sized onion, minced
- 1 cup thick coconut cream
- 3 tablespoons minced ginger
- salt to taste
- First, you have to soak chili in water with salt.
- Let stand for 30 minutes and then rinse and drain thoroughly.
- Heat a pan and then pour-in the cooking oil.
- Sauté the garlic, onion, and ginger
- Add the pork and then continue cooking for 8 minutes or until the color becomes light brown
- Mix then coconut milk and alamang (shrimp paste),
- Bring to a boil, lower heat and then simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add chili and cook until half the liquid has evaporated.
- Pour in thick coconut cream and continue cooking until oil comes out from the cream.
- Add salt and ground black pepper to taste.
You can also watch this video on Youtube on how to make this dish. The video is owned by someone. Just posted it here as a reference. Thanks
- Serving Size: 4 oz
- Calories: 365
- Sugar: 0 g
- Sodium: 111 mg
- Fat: 31.7 g
- Saturated Fat: 14.3 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 12 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 3.7 g
- Fiber: 0.3 g
- Protein: 15.6 g
- Cholesterol: 59.1 mg
Keywords: bicolano, traditional, mild