Bicol Express Recipe
This Recipe is a spicy food made with Pork, chilies, coconut milk, shrimp paste, onion, and garlic.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 50 mins
- Total Time: 1 hour 5 mins
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Entree
- Cuisine: Filipino
- 1/2 lb. pork belly, diced
- 2 cups thin coconut milk
- 2 tablespoon fresh alamang (shrimp paste)
- 10 pieces Thai chili pepper, stemmed and minced
- 6 pieces long chili (siling haba, siling panigang), sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium-sized onion, minced
- 1 cup thick coconut cream
- 3 tablespoon minced ginger
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat a pan and then pour-in the cooking oil.
- Sauté the garlic, onion, and ginger.
- Add the pork and cook for 8 minutes or until the color becomes light brown.
- Mix then coconut milk and alamang (shrimp paste).
- Bring to a boil, lower heat and then simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add chili peppers and cook until half the liquid has evaporated.
- Add the long chili (siling haba/panigang).
- Pour in thick coconut cream and continue cooking until oil comes out from the cream.
- Add salt and ground black pepper to taste.
- Serve hot.
You can also watch this video on Youtube on how to make this dish. The video is owned by someone. Just posted it here as a reference. Thanks
- Serving Size: 4 oz
- Calories: 365
- Sugar: 0 g
- Sodium: 111 mg
- Fat: 31.7 g
- Saturated Fat: 14.3 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 12 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 3.7 g
- Fiber: 0.3 g
- Protein: 15.6 g
- Cholesterol: 59.1 mg
Keywords: bicolano, traditional, mild