Pancit Bihon Guisado Recipe
Pancit bihon guisado is a popular Filipino noodle dish prepared with rice noodles, chicken or pork, sausage, shrimp and mixed vegetables.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 40 mins
- Total Time: 55 mins
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Main Dish
- Cuisine: Filipino
- 3 tbsp of cooking oil
- 2 tsp black ground pepper
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 30 g oyster sauce
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 medium sized carrot, sliced
- 1 cup snow peas
- 1/2 head of small cabbage, sliced
- 1 chorizo, cut
- 1/4 kg sliced pork
- 1/4 kg chicken breast
- 8 g dried shrimp
- 3 pcs calamansi
- 8 oz. bihon
- Soak the bihon (rice noodles) in a bowl with lukewarm water for 7 minutes.
- In a pan, pour 4 cups of water and boil the chicken for about 10 minutes or until tender.
- Separate the chicken and reserve the stock.
- Cut chicken into small pieces.
- Heat oil at medium heat in a pot, sautee garlic.
- Add the onion and pork slices. Cook for 7 minutes.
- Stir in the chicken slices for 3 minutes.
- Add chorizo and dried shrimp. Stir for 3 minutes.
- Pour in the chicken stock.
- Add soy sauce, oyster sauce, and pepper. Stir and cook for 8 minutes.
- Add carrots, cabbage, and snow peas. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Remove the meat and vegetables leaving only the stock.
- Add bihon (rice noodles). Stir and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the meat and vegetables. Toss and continue cooking for 2 minutes or until liquid evaporates.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve with calamansi.
Above is a short clip of pancit bihon guisado recipe
- Serving Size: 2 cups
- Calories: 430
- Sugar: 4.8 g
- Sodium: 1474 mg
- Fat: 11 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.9 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 9 g
- Trans Fat: 0.1 g
- Carbohydrates: 54 g
- Fiber: 5.2 g
- Protein: 28 g
- Cholesterol: 61 mg
Keywords: noodles, traditional, international favorite