Champorado, a Filipino chocolate-rich rice porridge, is traditionally served during breakfast or prepared during rainy days to bring comfort and warmth.
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 35 mins
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Breakfast, Snack
- Cuisine: Filipino
- 2 cups Rice
- 2 cups Water, for rice cooking
- 3–4 cups Water, for porridge
- 8 pcs. Tablea
- ⅓ cup Brown Sugar
- Condensed milk to taste and garnish
- Cook 2 cups of rice with 2 cups water in a rice cooker.
- Boil 3-4 cups of water then add cooked rice to make porridge, stir every 2 min.
- After 10 min. add brown sugar and 8 pcs of Tablea.
- Stir until the Tablea is dissolved and the consistency thickens.
- Simmer for another 3 min and it’s done!
- Serve in bowls topped with condensed milk, add sugar if desired.
Here is another recipe showing how to cook champorado.
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 181
- Sugar: 17 g
- Sodium: 211 mg
- Fat: 10 g
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 9 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 23 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 3 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: comfort food, treat, chocolate porridge