Chicken Kaldereta Recipe (Kalderetang Manok)
The Chicken Kaldereta is not so hard to prepare; just make sure there is garlic, onion, potato, fresh bell pepper and of course, not to mention the chicken.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 50 mins
- Total Time: 1 hour 5 mins
- Yield: 6 1x
- Category: Entree
- Cuisine: Filipino
- 1 Kilo Chicken (cut into chunks)
- 2 medium carrots (cut into chunks)
- 2 medium potatoes (cut into chunks)
- 1 medium red bell pepper, strips
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup water
- 1 can (250mg) tomato sauce
- 3 tbsp liver spread
- 2 tbsp fish sauce (patis)
- cooking oil
- salt to taste
- In a pan, saute the carrots, bell pepper, and the potato.
- Cook until Tender and then set aside.
- Saute the garlic and onion
- Add the Chicken and cook until tender
- After 2-3 minutes, add the Fish Sauce
- Then add the Liver Spread and Tomato Sauce and Simmer for 5 mins.
- Add the saute carrots, bell pepper, and the potato.
- Then add the water.
- Add some salt according to taste.
- Simmer for 5 minutes or once the sauce gets thick.
- Serve while hot.
This video shows how to cook another variant of chicken kaldereta.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 150
- Sugar: 2.5 g
- Sodium: 277 mg
- Fat: 3.4 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.6 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 2.5 g
- Trans Fat: 0.3 g
- Carbohydrates: 11 g
- Fiber: 2.5 g
- Protein: 27 g
- Cholesterol: 73 mg
Keywords: chicken stew, tomato based, traditional