Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
An easy chocolate chip cookies recipe that is chewy and soft on the inside but has crisp edges on the outside.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Total Time: 22 minutes
- Yield: 17 large cookies 1x
- Category: Desserts
- Method: Baked
- 2 and 1/4 cups of all purpose flour
- 1 tsp of baking soda
- 1 and 1/2 tsp of cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 170 g or 3/4 unsalted butter, melted
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tsp vanilla flavoring
- 1 and 1/4 cups of chocolate chunks (chocolate bar cut into small pieces) or semi sweet chocolate chips
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together all purpose flour,baking soda, cornstarch and salt.
- Mix well and set aside.
- In another bowl, pour melted unsalted butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar.
- Whisk until mixed well and then add vanilla flavoring.
- Pour the mixture into the dry ingredients gradually. Mix using a large spoon or a spatula.
- Add large egg and egg yolk
- Fold in the chocolate chunks. To make chocolate chunks simply get a chocolate bar and cut it to small pieces. The dough will soft and thick.
- Cover the dough and chill for 2 hours.
- After chilling, let it soften to room temperature for 10 minutes.
- Roll 2 tbsp of dough on your hand, slightly flatten it and place it on a non stick baking pan. Leave at least an inch spacing between the dough balls.
- Placed it on a preheated oven and set it at 150C for 12 minutes.
- Allow the cookies to cool on the pan for 10 minutes and then transfer on a wire rack to cool completely
If using a regular oven try 325 degrees F (163C) for 12-13 minutes.
I hope you enjoy our video and don’t forget to like and subscribe our youtube channel!
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 257
- Sugar: 19.1g
- Sodium: 161mg
- Fat: 12.5g
- Saturated Fat: 8g
- Carbohydrates: 33g
- Fiber: 0.9g
- Protein: 3.3g
- Cholesterol: 48mg
Keywords: cookies, chocolate chip, holiday cookies, quick and easy, traditional