La Paz Batchoy Recipe
he La Paz Batchoy Recipe is a signature dish from Visaya. This dish originated from the district of La Paz in Iloilo City, which is located on the island of Panay.
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Total Time: 1 hour 20 mins
- Yield: 7 1x
- Category: Entree
- Cuisine: Filipino
For the Batchoy
- 500 g Miki or Egg noodles
- 300 g pork belly, sliced into small pieces
- 150 g pork liver, sliced into small pieces
- 2 pcs pork heart, sliced into small pieces
- 1 medium sized white onion, finely chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 4 cups pork stock
- 4 cups beef stock
- 4 cups shrimps stock (you can make this by frying then boiling shrimp heads)
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sautéed shrimp paste
- fish sauce
- Chicharon, crushed
- Fried garlic
- Spring onion, chopped
- Fresh Egg
- In a pot add boiling water together with pork belly and pork heart, boil for 5 minutes then remove meat from the pot then rinse with cold water to remove any scum.
- Using the same pot and water add the pork liver and boil for 5 minutes, drain then rinse with cold water to remove any scum.
- In a separate clean pot add oil then sauté garlic and onion, stir-fry until onions turn translucent.
- Now add the three types of broth, pork belly, pork heart, black pepper, sugar, soy sauce and shrimp paste.
- Bring to a boil then simmer for 30-40 minutes or until meat is tender.
- Now add the liver and season it with fish sauce (use according to your liking), simmer for additional 10 minutes.
- Cook the noodles according to instructions.
- Then once cooked place in a bowl.
- Pour hot boiling broth in the noodle bowl together with meat then top it with crushed chicharon, fried garlic, spring onion and raw egg.
- Serve and stir in raw eggs while broth is still hot.
This video shows another recipe for la paz batchoy.
- Serving Size: 500 ml
- Calories: 322
- Sugar: 0 g
- Sodium: 550 mg
- Fat: 26 g
- Saturated Fat: 8 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 12 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 4 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 17 g
- Cholesterol: 135 mg
Keywords: Ilonggo cuisine, authentic, traditional, pork noodle soup, rainy day soup