Steamed Leche Flan Recipe
Leche Flan or Crème Caramel is a soft, smooth and velvety custard dessert. This is a common dessert all over the world but with different variations.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 40 mins
- Total Time: 55 mins
- Yield: 7 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: Filipino
- 2 cups sugar
- 12 egg yolks
- 2 cups evaporated milk
- 2 cups sweetened condensed milk
- a pinch of salt
- In a pan, melt the sugar over medium heat until it liquefies and turns an amber color. Stir the Sugar occasionally to make it Smoother and Crystal-Free Syrup.
- Once the syrup acquires the color of amber, quickly remove it from the heat and pour into the Llanera to cover the bottom.
- Caramelized sugar hardens as it cools and you need to work fast to transfer the syrup to the ramekins before it hardens in the pan.
- Start heating water in a steaming pot.
- In a bowl, stir the eggs yolks. Pour in the evaporated milk and sweetened condensed milk.
- Add the salt and lemon zest.
- Stir until the mixture is evenly blended.
- Stir, do not beat nor mix too hard, to avoid forming air bubbles in the mixture.
- Pour the egg yolk-milk mixture into the ramekin.
- Steam over simmering water for 20 to 40 minutes depending on the size of the cooking vessel. The leche flan should be set and firm to the touch.
- Remove the Llanera from the heat.
- Cool the leche flan then chill.
- Best Serve with Halo-Halo
This video shows another recipe for Leche Flan.
- Serving Size: 155 g
- Calories: 230
- Sugar: 38 g
- Sodium: 85 mg
- Fat: 6 g
- Saturated Fat: 2.8 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 3.2 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 35 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 7 g
- Cholesterol: 140 mg
Keywords: Christmas dessert, birthday treat, sweet treat, creme brulee, creme caramel, easy preparation