Pichi pichi Recipe
Pichi pichi is a variant of puto made from cassava coated in coconut or cheese.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 45 mins
- Total Time: 55 minutes
- Yield: 8 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Steam
- Cuisine: Filipino
- 2 cups Grated Cassava or Cassava Flour
- 2 cups White Sugar
- 2 cups Pandan Water or water with ½ tsp pandan extract
- ½ tsp Lye Water
- 2 cups Grated Coconut or Grated Cheese
- In a bowl, mix the sugar and pandan water until sugar is dissolved.
- Mix in the cassava and then add the lye water drop by drop mixing well as you do so.
- Pour the batter into molds and steam for 45 minutes. It will be clear and firm once cooked. Let it cool
- Remove from molds and roll into grated coconut or cheese.
- Serve immediately.
If you want to use raw cassava watch this video to learn how.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 51
- Sodium: 35 mg
- Carbohydrates: 10g
- Protein: 1g
- Cholesterol: 2 mg
Keywords: cassava cake, native delicacy, steamed rice cake, easy and simple, traditional