Filipino Pork Barbecue Recipe
The Filipino Pork Barbecue (Pork BBQ) is everyone’s favorite where the skewers are grilled on fire right in front of you. It is a marinated slice of pork thread on a skewer and grilled to perfection.
- Prep Time: 7 hours
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 7 hours 10 mins
- Yield: 20 1x
- Category: Barbecue
- Cuisine: Filipino
- 1 Kilo Pork Belly, slice in 1-inch cuts
- 1 Tsp. Garlic, finely minced
- 1/2 cup – Soy Sauce
- 1/4 cup – Calamansi Juice
- 1/2 cup – Banana or Tomato Catsup
- 1 Can Sprite or 7-Up
- 1/2 cup – Brown Sugar
- 1 Tsp. Salt
- 1 Tsp. Ground Black Pepper powder
- Bamboo skewers – pre-soak for 20 minutes before placing skewered meat
- In a Bowl, Mix all the marinated ingredients together.
- Minced garlic, soy sauce, calamansi juice, Ketchup, half of the ginger ale, salt, black pepper.
- Leave the ½ cup of the marinade plus the sugar, aside from the grilling glaze.
- Pour the rest of the marinade on the Pork.
- Keep in a bowl.
- Cover the Pork with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- Pre-soak the bamboo skewers in hot water for 15 minutes.
- Skewer the Pork on a bamboo stick with up to 6 pieces per stick.
- Prepare the Grill and Pre-Heat.
- Prepare the remaining Sauce / Marinate from the day before.
- Add Sugar and the remaining Ale.
- Grill the barbecued pork, about 10 minutes on each side while rotating the skewers.
- Total grilling time should take about 20 minutes.
- Baste the pork barbecue every few minutes so that it gets moist and shiny.
- When cooked, serve hot with “Atsara” or Hot Rice.
This video shows another recipe for Filipino Pork Barbecue.
- Serving Size: 1 stick
- Calories: 356
- Sugar: 3 g
- Sodium: 610 mg
- Fat: 14 g
- Saturated Fat: 2 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 2 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 25 g
- Fiber: 8 g
- Protein: 28 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: summer pork barbecue, street food, grilled marinated pork, party favorite