Pork Menudo Recipe (Menudong Baboy)
The Pork Menudo Recipe originated during the Spanish Colonization but this dish is a true Filipino dish of sauteed pork meat, potatoes, and carrots, raisins, and beef or pork liver.
- Prep Time: 30 mins
- Cook Time: 60 mins
- Total Time: 1 hour 30 mins
- Yield: 6 1x
- Category: Entree
- Cuisine: Filipino
- 1 Kilo Pork – cut into ½ inch cubes
- 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 small onion – finely chopped
- 2 tablespoon finely chopped garlic
- 3½ cups tomato sauce
- 2½ cups water
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 bay leaves
- 2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoon ground oregano
- 2 medium potatoes – cut into ½ inch square
- 2 small bell pepper – pick your color and cut to ½ inch square
- 1 cup canned garbanzo beans
- 2 teaspoon salt or to taste
- Mix cut pork with lemon and Worcestershire sauce.
- Let it marinate for ½ hour.
- Place wok or large pot over high heat
- Add the olive oil
- When the oil is hot, add onion, garlic, and bay leaves.
- Stir fry until onion is translucent.
- Add pork
- Stir fry until pork is opaque.
- Add tomato sauce and water
- Stir to combine all ingredients.
- Let it boil then turn the heat to medium-low.
- Cover and then let it cook until meat is tender.
- Add oregano
- Add potatoes then let it continue to cook until potatoes are tender.
- Add garbanzo beans, bell peppers, ground black pepper, and salt.
- Let it cook for another 2 minutes.
Also, watch this video from to make it easier for you to cook Pork Menudo.
- Serving Size: 319 g
- Calories: 304
- Sugar: 11 g
- Sodium: 864 mg
- Fat: 10 g
- Saturated Fat: 4 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 5 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 28 g
- Fiber: 4 g
- Protein: 27 g
- Cholesterol: 82 mg
Keywords: pork stew, comfort food, all-time favorite stew, traditional