Sugar Cookie Recipe
This sugar cookie recipe is traditional, classic home made sugar cookie, and easy to make. You can make them from scratch! The output is a soft and chewy cookie that you will surely enjoy eating.
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 10
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 35 1x
- Category: Desserts
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
- 2 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup softened butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- Pre- heat the oven at 190 degrees Celsius. (375F)
- In a small bowl, mix together the flour and baking powder. Set aside
- In a big bowl, stir together butter and sugar until light and fluffy for about 3 minutes.
- Put the egg and then vanilla. Stir until well combined.
- Gradually add the mixed flour and baking powder. Continue to stir.
- Scoop cookie dough by the tablespoon full and roll into a ball.
- Place cookie dough onto baking sheet, spacing about 1 1/2-inches to 2 inches apart. Lightly press each cookie down. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Let it cool.
Here is a step by step video of Sugar Cookie Recipe.
- Do not over baked the cookies. Remove it from the oven when the edges turned slightly brown. Scoop it carefully.
- You can decorate the cookies however you want or you can go with the classic plain and simple.
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 113
- Sugar: 6.6g
- Sodium: 54mg
- Fat: 6.4g
- Saturated Fat: 4g
- Carbohydrates: 13.2g
- Fiber: 0g
- Protein: 1g
Keywords: Christmas sugar cookies, traditional, quick and easy, homemade cookies