Holidays are approaching. It is that time of the year again for celebration, goodies, and treats. And what is a holiday without cookies? Here is a sugar cookie recipe that is so good, you will be making them throughout the year!
Sugar cookies are cookies with main ingredients such as sugar, flour, butter, eggs, and vanilla. They are popular during Halloween and Christmas because you can decorate them however you want. Decorated cookies are always fun at parties.
This sugar cookie recipe is traditional, classic home made sugar cookie, and easy to make. You can make them from scratch! The output is a soft and chewy cookie that you will surely enjoy eating.Print
Sugar Cookie Recipe
This sugar cookie recipe is traditional, classic home made sugar cookie, and easy to make. You can make them from scratch! The output is a soft and chewy cookie that you will surely enjoy eating.
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 10
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 35 1x
- Category: Desserts
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
- 2 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup softened butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- Pre- heat the oven at 190 degrees Celsius. (375F)
- In a small bowl, mix together the flour and baking powder. Set aside
- In a big bowl, stir together butter and sugar until light and fluffy for about 3 minutes.
- Put the egg and then vanilla. Stir until well combined.
- Gradually add the mixed flour and baking powder. Continue to stir.
- Scoop cookie dough by the tablespoon full and roll into a ball.
- Place cookie dough onto baking sheet, spacing about 1 1/2-inches to 2 inches apart. Lightly press each cookie down. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Let it cool.
Here is a step by step video of Sugar Cookie Recipe.
- Do not over baked the cookies. Remove it from the oven when the edges turned slightly brown. Scoop it carefully.
- You can decorate the cookies however you want or you can go with the classic plain and simple.
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 113
- Sugar: 6.6g
- Sodium: 54mg
- Fat: 6.4g
- Saturated Fat: 4g
- Carbohydrates: 13.2g
- Fiber: 0g
- Protein: 1g
Keywords: Christmas sugar cookies, traditional, quick and easy, homemade cookies
Check out our Top 15 Filipino Christmas Recipes Specialties for Filipino cuisines that are popular during the Holidays!